The semester is nearing an end.
I have the option so therefore, I think I will pass on my final, although still take it (and not hand it in!). I can’t resist a challenge. Although… I didn’t submit my answers for the music leads. I know one was Duran Duran! I just didn’t have time to research the others! Being a teen in the 80’s I probably could have figured most of them out. But I opted instead to focus on my upcoming trip on May 5th. That is why I am not doing the final – I need to concentrate on packing and getting the house in order. (That and the fact that I don’t need to raise my grade – just hoping my third grade is on par with the other 2! – a chance I am willing to take.)
I thoroughly enjoyed taking this class for so many reasons:
- Dr. Halavais presented the material in a clear and professional way.
- Brenda (TA) was an extremely helpful “friend” that was there when I was feeling a bit confused and frustrated. She was always responsive and informative.
- Blogging – my first time ever. I love communication and the entire realm of how individuals interact with one another. Blogging was another way of communicating that I have always wanted to try but was too timid to start – until this semester, when it was required.
- Every day I would turn the computer on and check my site, my stats and the aggregator and see what everyone was up to. I loved reading everyone’s post, even the ones I did not agree with but especially the ones I felt a connection to or those post that were witty and just sucked you right in.
- After 14 years of taking care of my family and doing things for others, it was very nice to do something for myself and reap the benefits!
- I can now tell my friends and family that I took and passed a course on Pornography and watch their expression on their faces change (most of them already know I am taking it anyway…but I still love the reaction I get from those that do not!)
- I loved being able to watch the lectures at midnight and post my assignments at any given hour – although I now found out what days were the best days to post! (midweek :-))
- I appreciated reading other people’s views on the subject. Relieved to see that I was not alone in my thoughts yet interested in reading the opposing views and how they justified it.
- Through my connection to this class and one of my post, I was interviewed by a Buffalo News reporter and I appear in one of her articles. That was very exciting – although I actually used the word “nerd”! Hey the interview was early in the morning, I wasn’t thinking straight! But it is always exciting to see your name in print!
There are many other reasons why I loved this class but I have hit a road block! That and the fact that I have to take my daughter to her softball game right now is why I will leave it at that!
So what have I learned from this class? That will be another post, my friends! I still have to organize my thoughts on that one!